Can we start by saying that this recipe is literally FOOL PROOF!
This dish needs to be labeled TheBomb.com because it tastes SO damn good and is WAY too easy to make.
Who knew Cereal and Chicken could taste so delicious together!! haha
So I have to admit, I used to eat this dish as a kid. My dad used to make this when I was little and although he made it a bit differently it still always stuck. I love to put my own twist on foods that I make though, just because … who wants to do the same thing as everyone else??!!! Ha!
For this dish, I always use the plain or “original” Corn Flakes (however they still contain some added sugar)…but at least it’s very minimal compared to the more sweetened brands. …Because as you know by now, I try to keep my recipes as clean as possible, and with the least added sugar possible.
These corn flake chicken strips are:
- Low calorie
- Crunchy outside yet tender on the inside
- High in protein
- Quick and easy to make
- Great as a snack
- Only 5 ingredients!!
BAKED CORN FLAKE CHICKEN STRIPS WITH A TURMERIC MUSTARD DIP
Serves 4-5 people
Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free
Author: Cynthia of OneSpicyPepper.com
- 4 large organic chicken breasts
- 2 organic eggs
- 5 cups original Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ cup original yellow mustard
- 2 tbsps ground fresh turmeric powder
- Large baking sheet
- Olive oil for baking sheet
- Parchment paper (to line the baking sheet)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet and add a drizzle of olive oil (or spray if you have some).
- Wash your chicken breasts, and cut into strips (approximately ½ to 1 inch thick).
- In a large bowl, add the corn flakes and begin to crush it with both hands (should be crushed small enough until almost like the size of rice; but not as fine as flour).
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and milk – blend well.
- Dip each chicken strip into the egg and milk mixture first, then into the corn flakes – coating each piece evenly with the corn flakes. Then place on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet with coated chicken strips into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes; flipping half way through – you will notice the outside start to brown slightly.
- While the chicken cooks, add your yellow mustard and ground turmeric to a small dish and blend well.
- Once the chicken is done, serve warm with cold dipping sauce.
Make sure to coat them well! I like to pat them down in the pile of corn flakes to make sure they stick well…
The final product looks like this…
I served my corn flake chicken with a side of Romaine Mango Vinaigrette salad! #Mmmmm Good!!! I’d love to know what you think and if you liked it!