Fall is here and it seems like there is an endless supply of squash and potatoes everywhere! haha Both of which I absolutely LOVE, so I wanted to share with you all a super easy recipe that I created with both. #QUICKANDEASY
Yes, this was actually a total experiment! 🙂 but it came out really tasty! A healthy alternative to the traditional lasagna with a unique flavor – perfect for fall. Free of gluten. dairy, wheat, and eggs.
No Junk = No Guilt
If you want to make this a paleo-friendly version, you can leave the cheese out and substitute it with some eggs instead. This will also help keep the ingredients together.
Sweet Potato Lasagna
Serves 4-6 people
Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Wheat-Free / Egg-Free
Author: Cynthia of OneSpicyPepper.com
- 2 organic sweet potatoes (yams), thinly sliced into large rounds
- 1 large organic purple onion, sliced in half and then cut length-wise
- 1 organic eggplant, thinly sliced into large rounds
- 1 bag of Daiya shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 container Sonoma Gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add some olive oil to grease the bottom of an 9 x 9 oven-safe dish.
- Start lining the bottom of the oven-safe dish with your sweet potato.
- Then add a light layer of the eggplant on top of the sweet potato (spacing them apart to have enough to add an additional layer a second time).
- Then add a light layer of the butternut squash pasta sauce.
- Add layer of sliced onions; then shredded chicken
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the ground turmeric; then some salt and pepper.
- Cover with a generous amount of cheese.
- Repeat steps #2-7.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven; bake for approximately 45-50 minutes (uncover about half way through to brown the cheese and let any extra liquid absorb).
- ENJOY! 🙂
It could probably use a few improvements since the final result came out a bit watery, BUT all-in-all this experiment came out super yummy!!
Would love to know what you guys think!!