Like many people I love potatoes! Russet, sweet, fingerling…you name it and I love it! Well I also love me some mashed potatoes slathered with butter – OMG yes! But I’m just so busy and since I’ve been trying to eat healthier, I decided to try the cauliflower mash version. It sounded interesting and wasn’t sure if it would taste as good as everyone was saying.
Let me tell you right now, I had NO idea cauliflower mashed up like potatoes would taste so damn good, and make the PERFECT side to some steak or steamed veggies.
Yes yes and more yes!!
It was so good even my fiance (who doesn’t care for any sort of healthy substitutes) asked for seconds!! That says a lot.
CAULIFLOWER MASHED POTATOES
Serves 3-4 people
Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Vegan / Paleo-Friendly / Low-Carb
Author: Cynthia of OneSpicyPepper.com
- 1 organic head of cauliflower
- 1-2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put a pot of water boil.
- Wash your head of cauliflower and cut into large chunks, then add to the pot of water.
- Boil the cauliflower until the pieces are soft and tender (approx. 5 minutes).
- Once they’re cooked, add all the cauliflower chunks to a blender with 1 cup of milk and blend on high until creamy (approx. 30 seconds). Add more milk if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. 🙂