A gluten-free version to one of my favorite Argentinian dishes! Milanesas are amazing whether for lunch or dinner. Traditionally served with some mashed potatoes or French fries but also enjoyed in a sandwich. It’s basically a breaded piece of meat with the meat being sliced super thin and usually fried. Growing up this was one of my FAVORITES!!
Of course, being so health conscious now I make these with more of a healthy twist leaving out all the bad stuff!
There are two way I cook these…
- Fried in olive or coconut oil
- Baked in the oven
This particular dish I lightly fried, since I usually bake and felt like using the stove instead of the oven. Hehe 🙂 For the sandwich I used sliced gluten-free bread that I purchased from my local grocery store.
If you want to make this spicy, just add some chili powder to the mix! You can ALSO garnish with a slice of dairy-free cheese (just add the cheese to the very end while still hot so it can melt nicely over the top). 🙂 #YUM
GLUTEN-FREE CHICKEN MILANESAS
Serves 4-6 people
Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free
Author: Cynthia of OneSpicyPepper.com
- 6 thin-sliced pieces of organic chicken breast (I sliced my own, but you can have the butcher do this for you)
- ½ cup of unsweetened soy milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley (or dried parsley flakes)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½-1 cup Olive oil (or coconut oil) for frying
Note: It is best if you let the chicken marinate in the milk/eggs/spice mixture for about an hour before cooking.
- Heat the stove on medium-high heat.
- In a deep sauce or fry pan, add the oil.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, then add the milk, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley. Mix together.
- In a separate dish, add the flour.
- Poke your chicken slices with a fork all over, then dip in the milk/eggs.
- Then transfer the chicken slice from the milk/eggs, to the plate of flour, and coat evenly.
- Then place the chicken in the fry pan. Repeat with the rest of the chicken slices.
- Fry each slice until they turn golden brown – approx. 10 minutes on each side.
- Once done, squeeze a little lemon juice over the milanesas, and enjoy!
Hope you like, and if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below. 🙂