This super delicious dinner meal was so easy to make. Doesn’t leave you feeling uncomfortably full either – just really really satisfied! 🙂 It adds a little flare to plain veggies and makes it more tasty so you can actually enjoy eating them.
Baked Coconut Chicken with Pesto Squash and a side of Tomato Slices topped with Avocado
Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Paleo
Serves 2-4 people (depending on portion size)
Author: Cynthia of OneSpicyPepper.com
- 1 organic tomato
- 1 avocado
- 2 organic yellow squash (sliced width-wise into small rounds)
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 pack frozen cubed pesto (from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 organic chicken breasts (cut into slightly larger than bite-size pieces)
- approx. 1 cup coconut flour
- approx. 5 tbsp light mayonnaise
- olive oil (for cooking)
- salt/pepper to taste
1. Place the mayonnaise into a bowl.
2. Place the coconut flour into another bowl and add some salt and pepper.
3. Slather the chicken pieces with the mayonnaise, then cover evenly with the coconut flour.
4. Place the chicken onto a non-stick oven pan (or in a lightly oiled oven safe dish).
5. Bake for approx. 40 min at 350 degrees or until thoroughly cooked; flipping each piece half way through to make sure it browns evenly.
While the chicken cooks…
6. Add the yellow squash, onion, 3 pesto cubes and some salt and pepper to an oiled pan.
7. Sauté for approx. 10 min or until the squash is soft (but not mushy).
8. Slice up the tomato into ½” thick slices.
9. Cut up the avocado and add to the tomato slices with some salt and pepper.