What is Tuesday, without tacos? 🙂 I have to admit I make tacos way more often than just on Tuesdays!! 🙂 LOL Sure do ~ because honestly…
Super quick and easy to make and guess what, they’re also gluten and dairy free!!! I’m not going to say they’re the most healthiest food on the planet, BUT they are delicious, easy and seriously very satisfying. These particular ones I made with ground beef because my fiance requested them! 🙂
Note: when cooking I usually don’t measure quantities, I tend to just eye ball the amounts, so my measurements below are all approximate.
Serves 2 people
Total cook time: 20 minutes
Dairy-Free / Gluten-Free
- 12 Corn Tortillas (I use the Guerrero brand)
- 1lb Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 1/2 large White Onion, diced (sometimes I use red if that’s all I have)
- Organic Cilantro, chopped
- Safeway Select Salsa Verde (because of time I use store-bought, but you can also make this fresh)
- 4 Limes, cut into fourths
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 7 oz. can Pickled Jalapeños, chopped
- 2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Warm a deep pan with olive oil (enough to coat the bottom), on medium heat.
2. Add the ground beef to the pan, and stir.
3.While your meat heats up and starts cooking, chop your Jalapeños, Cilantro and Onion. Set aside.
Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the copped Jalapeños!!
4. Add the salt, pepper, cumin and chopped Jalapeños (+juice) to the meat; stir then put the lid on.
5. While stirring regularly, cook until all the meat browns; approximately 10 minutes.
6. Set the ground meat aside; keeping warm.
7. Warm up your tortillas (you can do this either in the microwave for approx. 1 minute covered with paper towels, or right on the stove in a pan [cast iron works better if you have one] flipping on each side for about 30 seconds ~ wet your hands a bit to sprinkle them with a little water before warming up).
8. On a plate, place 6 warm tortillas (2 on top of each other) side by side. Do the same for the second plate.
9. Add your cooked and seasoned ground beef to each.
10. Then top with the onion, salsa and cilantro.
11. Garnish the plate with the limes and avocado.
…Today is Tuesday and there’s still time to plan dinner. Make this a Taco Tuesday. Because, let’s face it…