Sultry red lips are always a girl’s best friend. They make us feel super sexy and confident! It can be worn matte or with a glossy finish. It can further beautify a fancy dress, or spruce up some jeans and a tank top. There are SO many to choose from, and the price ranges for each. I don’t normally purchase cosmetics from drugstores unless I’m “ballin on a budget” and feel like giving some of the products a try. You CAN in fact find some steals at the drugstore, but you have to be weary of the ‘not so good’ products as well. In a sea of make-up, sometimes it’s hard to make this distinction unless you give them a try.
I recently gave in and decided to try the Wet ‘n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Hot Red.
Wet ‘n Wild claims the following on this product:
- Purse Pride! New improved formula and packaging!
- Rich, creamy, bulidable color that feels like silk on the lips!
- Chock-full of nutrients! Enriched with conditioning ingredients of vitamins A & E, aloe vera, and macadamia nut oil.
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de candelilla, Ceresin, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cire d’abeille, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Pentaerythrityl Adipate/Caprate/Caprylate/Heptanoate, Mineral Oil/Huile minérale, Fragrance/Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silica.
(MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090, Carmine/CI 75470, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Red 21 Lake/CI 45380, Red 27 Lake/CI 45410, Red 30 Lake/CI 73360, Red 40 lake/CI 16035, Red 6/CI 15850, Red 7 Lake/CI 15850, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Yellow 5 Lake/CI 19140, Yellow 6 Lake/CI 15985]
Here are my thoughts on it:
- The color was not as RED as I thought it would be; it initially looked like it applied reddish, but then turned into a dark pinkish color.
- It did not wear very well; lasted only about 2 hours.
- It does glide on super smooth and feels great on the lips.
- The plastic container is comes in is very cheaply made and you have to be careful to not drop it or it will crack or break very easily.
- Unbeatable price at only $.99 each!!
All in all, I give this product 2 stars.
It’s great for a lazy day at home where you want to look cute or go shopping for groceries and don’t mind reapplying. But to actually go out to dinner or dress up and have your make-up stay on fleek, I recommend investing in a lip color that is much better, even if it’s a little higher in price.