So over the weekend I decided to bake some desserts for Father’s Day. While I was baking I realized that I have never been made a vegan frosting from scratch and wanted to give it a try. The end result came out SO good – perfection at it’s finest! I couldn’t be happier with the smooth texture and the yummy taste. It compliments any baked dessert that would call for a vanilla topping.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance vegan butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, almond milk and vanilla extract. (if you’d like to use a mixer machine instead of doing this step by hand, feel free to do so)
- Beat or mix until completely creamy and smooth.
- If the consistency is too thick just add a 1/4 tsp of almond milk.
Note: As with any real frosting, this does have a lot of sugar so I recommend not over indulging!
I’d love to know what you think? Is there another vegan frosting recipes you have tried or recommend?